1580110789  9781580110785  
Decorating with Architectural Trimwork: Planning, Designing, Installing
By Jay Silber Mr.

• Publisher: Creative Homeowner
  • Number Of Pages: 208
  • Publication Date: 2001-07-28
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN: 1580110789
  • ISBN-13 / EAN: 9781580110785

Product Description: Decorating with Architectural Trimwork fills a void in the existing literature on trimwork. There are plenty of books that tell the reader how to install trim around windows and doors, but few that also explain how architectural trim can enhance a room's aesthetic appeal. Responding to the recent trend of building houses as empty boxes, author Jay Silber shows readers how to choose and use a wide variety of moldings, trim, and design concepts to transform a sterile, open floor plan into a warm, inviting, richly textured home. Trimwork shows readers how to decorate their homes with trim and wall panels so that their walls, passageways, and stairways can radiate the warmth, character, and beauty of the well-trimmed homes of eras gone by.

Summary: I love wood work
Rating: 5 Since it is no longer safe to travel most places I now spend my time and money making my home a show place. This book has encouraged me and guided me to make some dramatic changes in my home. My friends are amazed at the beautiful things you can make with a little time and effort. I am a woman and I find this book an easy read and fun way to spend my weekends.

Summary: Very useful for ideas and techniques
Rating: 5 This book is wonderful. Starting with some carpentry skills of my own, I was able to design and trim out my entire dining room with crown molding, chair rail, wall frames etc. This book was invaluable in helping me design and execute the project.

Summary: Yes, it is really a decorating book
Rating: 3 Well, I should have known. The title "Decorating with..." tells it all. It is first and foremost a decorating book that the wife would love. This book has the best and sharpest color pictures of any decorating book and is very tastefully presented. But it is skimpy or just plain bad at helping you to DIY. There is little that is useful in technique and little that is useful for tackling the complexities of say installing crown moulding. But, I can't fault the author. After all, the title is "Decorating with...".

Summary: Pretty Pics, Spotty Advice
Rating: 3 If you're interested in ideas for interior woodwork, this book offers some nice photos that may inspire a project ... and sometimes inspiration is just what's needed to get us out of the chair and actively working. However, if you're interested in executing the work that's shown, an inexperienced carpenter will be hard ed to succeed based on the information here. No book can substitute for experience, and this book is great for dreamers, but there are better carpentry guides out there if you actually want to do the work.

Summary: A good reference book for basic trim carpentry skills
Rating: 5 I just recently purchased this book to trim out my house with Crown, base and window trim and decorative caps between rooms. while there are better boooks for pure trim carpentry skills, Jim Tolpin's book comes to mind, I find myself reaching for this book over Tolpin's as it has great color pictures, concise instructions, good organization, and most importantly, ideas. When I was choosing how to make my base moldings, or build the decorative cap, I needed guidance on which moldings to choose, what size they should be proportionally, and how to build them. This is where this book becomes worth every penny--its descriptions and pictures, along with techniques for different styles such as neo classical, victorian and Arts and Crafts, with suggestions on how to put all the components together on walls, floors and ceilings. Overall I highly recommend this book for anyone that's going to trim their house themselves.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?

x
精华推荐
换一换

发表评论525

• youdin 2013-1-14 12:10:28

离群的猪 发表于 2013-1-14 11:26
    文件损坏了,怎么回事呀,望楼主尽快解决

是什么问题。不行的话留下邮箱。重发给你

• spoon 2013-1-14 13:32:58

[size=13.333333969116211px]Trimwork制作门窗护墙板

• luyan00311 2013-1-15 09:18:06

离群的猪 发表于 2013-1-14 15:56
    ,就是解压不了,望楼主解决哈

邮箱已发送

• 崩溃在即 2013-1-23 14:53:07

{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}

• ddsac 2013-1-25 10:09:52

要顶
    必须顶
    不得不顶
    尽心尽力顶
    再加上千斤顶
    总之把它顶到顶
    接着使出葵花宝顶
    就算顶到史前也要顶
    老子看了会用道德经顶
    孔子亲自拜你为师天天顶
    秦始皇站在阿房宫上使劲顶